Running UMAP analysis on Pluto to explore your data!
Uniform Manifold Approximation and Projection (UMAP) is another common non-linear dimensionality reduction method that is similar to t-SNE but preserves the local and global structure of the data. This allows for resolving more subtle differences between clustered groups and is more reproducible.
Set Up Your Analysis
- Navigate to your experiment and click on the + Analysis button on the right of the screen
- Scroll down on the sidebar and select UMAP under "Dimensionality Reduction"
- Hit the Next button to generate analysis parameters. Here, you can select which samples you'd like to include or exclude in your analysis if applicable.
- Then hit "Run Analysis"
Customize Your Plot
- Use the plot tab to customize your plots by clicking the three dots on the top right of your newly generated plot and selecting "Edit"
- Here, you can select what projections you want on your axes, the variable to group points by and your color scheme.
Select "View Changes" to apply modifications to your plot.